Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Welcome





Hello, and welcome to my first post on Blogahead. I have been considering doing this for about a year now, which seems to be the average time it takes for ideas to come to fruition for me. Anyway, I decided to start this blog for two reasons; 1. My website Dipahead.com has not been updated in 2 years (maybe more) and I thought this may be simpler than messing with Frontpage to modify it, and 2. I have an idea for a more serious blog devoted to architecture that I want to start, and this is kind of a testing ground for me.
Actually there is a third reason, I needed to find a way to communicate my cartoon work and other side ventures to you. I am currently doing cartoons for 2 magazines in central Indiana (The Business Leader(s) - visit http://www.businessleader.bz/ - and Hendricks County ICON). These cartoon efforts are more along the editorial cartoon line than my typical obtuse humor line, and I'm not fully comfortable with this style yet. I am used to drawing things that are fresh on my mind as humorous, not necessarily hot news items. Below are the cartoons for the September issues - please feel free to give me your comments.


Well - I am not sure how often I will be posting. I would like to think it will be at least once a week - but we'll see. Consider yourself a lucky reader - this might be the only post ever made. I hope you've enjoyed it and will return for more. I may even update http://www.dipahead.com/ to try to keep up with this yearly event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool--you did a really great job picking colors for those cartoons!

Susie